Charlotte Islamic Academy follows Common Core State and NC Essential Standards in the following subjects for all grade levels:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Foreign Language
Charlotte Islamic Academy provides daily Qur'an, Arabic and Islamic Studies classes for students enrolled in grades K through 12th. The program is guided by Sheikh Bassam Obeid and Sheikh Abdidhahir Muallim.
"The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. " (Quote from Common Core Mission Statement) http://www.corestandards.org/
English Language Arts and Mathematics Standards:
Science, Social Studies, and all other content areas:
The North Carolina Essential Standards are written using the Revised Bloom's Taxonomy (RBT) under the guidance of one of the authors of the revision, Lorin Anderson. North Carolina has chosen RBT to help move to the complex thinking expected from 21st Century graduates. The RBT was chosen because it has well-defined verbs and is built on modern cognitive research.
Find more information about the NCES here.
1. Develop a love for Allah, His Messenger (SAW), and the believers.
2. Learn the teachings of Islam according to the mainstream understanding of the scholars of Islam.
3. Progress in a steady and planned fashion toward fulfilling the basic skills requirements of the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
4. Develop the skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening so that each child may effectively communicate with others.
5. Demonstrate the basic mathematical processes with a sequential progression of skills ranging from consumer needs to advanced math.
6. Develop creative talents to broaden interests, provide worthwhile use of time, and appreciate the contributions of others.
7. Understand the application of science and how science can improve the quality of life. A sequential pattern, grades K-12, in which a student may continue to acquire more answers to the questions about our world and may apply this knowledge to better understand the more complex processes of our world.
8. A gradual acquisition of skills and knowledge of the various occupational careers which will enable a more productive future after completion of high school.
9. Develop the human body and health habits which include the mental, physical and emotional well being of the individual.
10. Develop an awareness of the need for the conservation of human and material resources.
11. A balance between academics and extra curricular activities, with the knowledge that activities are vital ingredients in the learning process. It is our goal that quality student activities will be offered to students at the appropriate grade levels. It is our goal to enrich the basic curriculum with student activities. The proper care must be taken to ensure that activities complement rather than detract from the basic curricular areas.